We are available to perform at weddings
and have multiple wedding performances under our belts!
Kody & Herren specialize in Ceremony & Cocktail Hour performance.
Every wedding is unique! We are able to adapt to many situations and can accommodate most requests.
Below is a list of what we offer at a standard wedding:
~ Each item on this list can be customized upon further discussion; this is just an example of a what often occurs at the weddings we have performed ~
Pre-ceremony music ~
- We perform acoustic instrumental renditions of wedding appropriate songs; usually the violin plays the melody and the guitar provides accompaniment.
- Often this background music lasts between 15-25 minutes while guests are arriving and taking their seats. This sets the scene for the ceremony to follow.
- We are able to perform traditional pieces in addition to more contemporary selections. Solo classical violin is an option, and string duos, trios, or quartets may also be arranged with enough advance notice.
- For the ceremony, we prefer to stay instrumental, but are able to perform vocally upon request. We want all eyes on you since it is your special day, and we sometimes feel that singing during the ceremony distracts from that focus. It is also easier to coordinate the length of a song with the time needed for each part of the ceremony when there are no words involved.
- We typically perform either a continuation of the pre-ceremony music or a requested song for the wedding party to walk down the aisle.
- We then perform a custom selected song for the bride's entrance (processional).
- Occasionally, there is a featured song in the middle of the ceremony during a spiritual or symbolic event like lighting candles, braiding rope, layering sand, etc.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, we perform a recessional song of your choice (usually something more upbeat) for the wedding party and guests to make their exit.
- The average ceremony lasts about a half hour.
Cocktail Hour ~
- During the cocktail hour, we perform for your guests as they mingle. Often this is to keep guests occupied while the newlyweds take formal photos together.
- Cocktail hour usually lasts 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- We perform with our regular duo set-up (2 voices, acoustic guitars, violin, electric mandolin, electric baritone, 12 string acoustic), full PA system. We do a wide range of songs, but they all fit the wedding vibe: love songs, happy songs, easy listening, originals & cover songs. We keep our volume low enough that your guests can still converse with each other comfortably.
First Dances ~
- We often perform the first dance for the newlyweds, usually upon their return from pictures, before toasts & dinner. That is when guests seem to be the most attentive, and it's a good way to add a little extra excitement to your arrival back at the wedding!
Here is a sample list of the songs that we typically perform at weddings:
A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
Adore You - Harry Styles
All You Need Is Love - the Beatles
At Last - Etta James
Best Day Of My Life - American Authors
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Budapest - George Ezra
California Stars - Wilco
Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis
Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
Come On Up To The House - Sarah Jarosz/Tom Waits
Count On Me - Bruno Mars
Dance Me To The End Of Love - the Civil Wars
Dearly Departed - Shakey Graves
Disappear - Parker Millsap
Emmylou - First Aid Kit
Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
Feel It Still - Portugal the Man
First Day Of My Life - Bright Eyes
Going Up The Country - Canned Heat
Halo - Beyonce
Harvest Moon - Neil Young
Head Over Feet - Alanis Morissette
Here Comes the Sun - the Beatles
Honeybee - The Head and the Heart
I Feel Good - James Brown
I Get To Love You - Ruelle
I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
I'll Sing For You - Kody & Herren
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
I've Got This Friend - the Civil Wars
In My Life - the Beatles
Keep You Safe - the Crane Wives
King's Highway - Tom Petty
Let's Be Still - The Head and the Heart
Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men
- Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan
- Marry You - Bruno Mars
- Millionaire - Chris Stapleton
- Never In My Wildest Dreams - Dan Auerbach
- Never My Love - the Association
- Old Italian Love Songs - Audra Mae
- Perfect - Ed Sheeran
- Pride & Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Question - Old 97s
- Riptide - Vance Joy
- Ryland - I'm With Her
- Share the Land - the Guess Who
- Something - the Beatles
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Stand By Me - Ben E. King
- Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
- Strawberry Fields - the Beatles
- Thank You - Led Zeppelin
- The Story - Brandi Carlile
- Volare - Gypsy Kings
- What A Wonderful World
- Wildflowers - Tom Petty
- With A Little Help From My Friends - the Beatles
- You Are the Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne
- You Send Me - Sam Cook
If you are interested in booking Kody & Herren to perform at your wedding, contact us via the form below: